2018 Feb Market Update
Thursday Sep 13th, 2018Share
1. Alternative lending is on the rise as new mortgage rules add pressure.
2. Rising interest rates and tougher mortgage rules are prompting first-time homebuyers to forego owning their first property this year.
3. Ontario Regulator probes crytocurrency use in real estate;
4.Gap between house supply and demand in on the rise.
5. Unemployment rate increased to 5.9% in Janauary 2018 while Inflation cooled to 1.7%.
6. For the first time since October 2017, the average house prices moved higher to $736,783.
7. Condo prices edged higher by 14.7%, to $507,492, selling 1,275 units in JAnuary 2018.